AirDoctor Contest Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN CONTEST. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
The WHAT TURNS YOUR AIRDOCTOR ON CONTEST? (the "Contest") is designed to encourage eligible AirDoctor customers to use their creativity to show “what turns your AirDoctor on?” using their AirDoctor air purifier. Judges will choose the winning entries, and prizes will be awarded in accordance with these Official Rules.
- Sponsor: The Contest is sponsored by AirDoctor, LLC, PO Box 9159, Van Nuys, CA 91409-8291 (the “Sponsor”). The Sponsor is responsible for all aspects of the Contest. Participation in the Contest constitutes the participant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules, and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest.
- Eligibility: The Contest is only open to participants current legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18+ at the time of entry (the “Entrant”). Employees of the Sponsor, their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted by law, rule, or regulation. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of winners.
- Contest Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on October 28, 2021 at 12:00 PM Pacific Time and ending November 3, 2021 at 9:00 PM Pacific Time (the “Entry Period”). All online entries must be received by November 3, 2021 at 9:00 PM Pacific Time. All times are (PST) Pacific Standard Time (US & Canada). Entries submitted before or after the Entry Period will not be eligible. Sponsor’s computer is the official timekeeping device for the Contest.
- How to Enter: To enter, during the Contest Period, “follow” the @airdoctorpro Instagram account by clicking the “Follow” button located at www.instagram.com/airdoctorpro. A post will be shared with instructions to enter the Contest on the Air Doctor Pro Instagram page. The post will invite eligible entrants who are followers of @airdoctorpro (each, an “Entrant”) to create an original piece of content showing “What turns your AirDoctor on?,” and to share that content on their own Instagram feed and/or Instagram stories, and to tag the content with @airdoctorpro, and to include the hashtag #WhatTurnsYourAirDoctorOn. The entry must fulfill all Contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Sponsor. You may enter more than once with different original creative pieces. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same Instagram account. In the event of a dispute as to any registration or play, the authorized account holder of the Instagram account used to register will be deemed to be the registrant or player. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder to the Sponsor or forfeit the prize. Entries specifying an invalid, non-working, or inactive Instagram account will be disqualified and ineligible to win. You must complete all required information to be eligible to enter. Incomplete, illegible, corrupted, or untimely entries are void and will be disqualified.
- Qualifying Submissions: Submissions that do not meet the requirements of these Official Rules are subject to disqualification at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Entrants will submit a photo or video of their AirDoctor portraying “What turns your AirDoctor On?” a chance to win. Except for materials that are in the public domain, each submission, in its entirety, must be a single work of original material created by the entrant. Except for materials in the public domain, submissions must include only materials created by the entrant and must not infringe on the intellectual property rights or other of any other person or entity. Sponsor does not permit the infringement of others’ rights and any use of materials not original to the entrant is grounds for disqualification from the Contest. Entrants must not submit a submission that if selected cannot be assigned to Sponsor as contemplated below.
- Judging: The Contest entries will be judged, and the winner chosen, by a committee organized of Sponsor’s employees who will vote on the submissions. Each video or photo will be evaluated and scored based on the following "Criteria": (i) artistic skills (ii) creativity and originality - considering the representation of the Contest theme “What turns your AirDoctor on” and use of the AirDoctor. Decisions of the committee are final and binding.
- Prize: The prize for the winners of the Contest is an AirDoctor 1000 air purifier with 1 UltraHEPA filter and 1 Carbon Gas Trap/VOC filter. The approximate retail value of the prize is $399.00. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Sponsor. No cash or other prize substitution permitted except at Sponsor's discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted. Limit one prize per person per household. All potential winners are subject to verification by Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Potential winner(s) may be required to complete an affidavit/declaration of eligibility and/or liability release.
- Winners Notification: Two (2) winners of the Contest will be notified via direct message on Instagram within seven (7) days following the winner selection. Sponsor shall have no liability for a winner's failure to receive notices due to winners' spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for winners' provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 14 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as may be required, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR'S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER'S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by you: By entering this Contest you understand that Sponsor, anyone acting on behalf of Sponsor, or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, the entrant’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Contest, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation. Entrants, upon submission of their entry to the Contest, hereby irrevocably grant to Sponsor, and each of its licensees, successors and assigns, during the Entry Period an exclusive, and thereafter the non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, no-cost license and right to use and otherwise exploit the submissions submitted as part of the Contest, and all elements, text and materials depicted therein, in whole or in part, in any manner or medium now or hereafter known or devised (including, without limitation, CDs, streaming media, film, television, videocassettes, print, interactive devices, mobile media, Internet and on-line systems), throughout the universe and in any and all languages, including, without limitation, the right to display, reproduce, record, perform, exhibit, distribute, copy, edit, change, modify, add to, subtract from, re-title and adapt the same, to combine it with other material and otherwise use and exploit it without having to give any compensation or attribution to entrants except for the awarding of the prizes in the Contest. Sponsor, and each of its successors, assigns and licensees, will have the right to make unlimited derivative works therefrom, to assign or transfer any or all such rights and to grant unlimited, multiple-level sublicenses. Without limiting the forgoing, Sponsor will have the right to use the submissions submitted as part of the Contest, and all images depicted therein (if any), in any merchandising, advertising, marketing, promotion or for any other commercial or non-commercial purpose. Entrants hereby forever waive and relinquish all so-called “moral rights (droit moral)” now or hereafter recognized in connection with submissions submitted as part of the Contest. Entrants acknowledge that as a condition of participating in the Contest and/or being selected as a Winner, Sponsor may request that the entrant’s submission, and any rights therein, be assigned to Sponsor and entrants may be required to confirm such assignment by completing and submitting a publicity release or such entrant will otherwise be disqualified from receiving their prize. Entrants must maintain the ability to assign all such rights to Sponsor free of any limitations, restrictions or third party obligations. Entrants agree that Sponsor shall have the sole discretion in determining the extent and manner of use of submissions and are not obligated to use any submission. Entrants agree not to issue any publicity concerning Sponsor.
- Terms: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Sponsor may judge submissions from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions.
Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void entries for any reason, including, but not limited to; multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Contest rules; or the use of bots, macros or scripts or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made. Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. By entering the Contest, you agree to receive Instagram alerts periodically from Sponsor. You can opt-out of receiving this communication unfollowing.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant's participation in the contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries.
- Suspension/Modification/Termination: In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Contest by any event beyond its control, including, but not limited to, fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, communications or equipment failure, utility or service interruptions, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared), interference with the Contest by any party, or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence) Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Contest. Sponsor additionally reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion: (1) to modify, suspend or terminate the Contest should causes beyond Sponsor’s control corrupt or interfere with the administration, integrity, operation, security or proper play of the Contest; or (2) to disqualify any entrant found to be, or suspected of: (a) tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; (b) acting in violation of these Official Rules; or (c) acting in an un-sportsmanlike manner.
- Disputes: THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF UNITED STATES AND CALIFORNIA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in CA having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys' fees, other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Winners List: For the name of the winners, please send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to AirDoctor, LLC (Winners), PO Box 9159, Van Nuys, CA 91409-8291 . All such requests must be received within six (6) weeks after the end of the Contest.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, LinkedIn or Google. You understand that you are providing your information to the owner of this Contest and not to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, LinkedIn or Google.